This article is designed to help you understand, solve and prevent HOTEL_ACCESS_DENIED errors.
What causes these errors?
There are two scenarios that can result in HOTEL_ACCESS_DENIED errors:
- A property isn’t fully connected to the provider yet or they’ve cancelled the connection, but the provider is still trying to update the property on our platform
- A property isn’t whitelisted on the machine account
How can I resolve these errors?
You can resolve these kinds of errors by following this decision tree:
To help a property connect to your provider, please follow the instructions in this Partner Help article.
To check if property is connected to your provider and if the connection is active you can check either of the following:
- The API call:
Use the OTA_HotelSearch call, specifically the ‘ConnectionStatus’ element within the TPA_Extensions of the OTA_HotelSearchRS. Any ConnectionStatus other than ‘XML Active’ will return the error.
- The ‘Properties’ tab in the Provider Portal
To add a property to a machine account in the Provider Portal, follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘Administration’ tab, then select ‘Machine Accounts’ in the drop-down menu
- Click on the machine account login name and then either:
- Click on ‘Add Property’, insert the property ID and select ‘Add’
- Click on ‘Add Multiple Properties’, insert the property IDs and select ‘Next’, then select ‘Properties are ok, add them to machine account’
- Click on ‘Add All Properties’ to immediately add all properties to the machine account