This article is designed to help you understand, solve and prevent PRICE_TOO_LOW and PRICE_TOO_HIGH errors.
What causes these errors?
These error types occur if the rate you’re trying to load varies significantly from the rate that’s already loaded, or if it’s outside the accepted threshold – the minimum being €5 and the maximum being €50,000 (or the equivalent in the local currency).
There are two possible scenarios that can result in these error types:
- If the loaded rate is lower than €5 or higher than €50,000, our system will return an error and the rate won’t be updated. If the rate is too low, the loaded value will remain unchanged. If the rate is too high the room/rate will be closed as a precaution.
- If the loaded rate is significantly lower or higher than the currently loaded value but still within the accepted threshold, the rate will be updated and our system will return a warning.
How can I resolve these errors?
- If you receive an error, check that the rate you loaded is within the accepted threshold.
- If you receive a warning, verify that the new price was correct to avoid incorrect prices.
- Make sure to also get in touch with the property to check if a low/high price was intended or entered by mistake.