High Demand Date opportunities are a feature of the enhanced Opportunities API. This feature highlights upcoming popular stay dates (based on guests’ searches on our platform) and alerts your properties when they no longer have inventory on our platform. It allows you to show these high_demand_dates_inventory opportunities directly on your platform, and enables your properties to capitalise on upcoming demand from our platform.
How does it work?
In order to generate these opportunities, we look at which check-in dates guests are searching for most within the next 30 days. We then alert properties that don’t have inventory for their most popular rooms on our platform for those dates.
High Demand Date opportunities are fundamentally different from other Booking.com opportunities because they are:
- Recurring (with potentially many eligible opportunities for each property)
- Generated at room level and not at property level
- Highly time-sensitive (eligibility can change from one day to the next)
These opportunities are designed to optimise our partners’ inventory. That’s why we recommend implementing them in a way that highlights their urgency and enables properties to act on them easily and effectively.
How does this feature benefit you?
Developing the High Demand Date feature of the Opportunities API allows you to:
- Empower your properties with tailored recommendations based on real-time demand
- Strengthen your platform with the capability of handling recurring, time-sensitive advice
- Improve your customers’ experience by making this advice available to them directly in their inventory management interface
If you opt in to the 2020 Product Incentives and implement this feature within the duration of the incentive, you can also gain extra points in the Connectivity Partner Programme.
How do these opportunities benefit your properties?
By ensuring that your properties are available on the dates that guests are most interested in, High Demand Date opportunities enable your properties to:
- Optimise inventory to ensure they capture upcoming demand
- Ensure that they’re present in the most relevant search results on Booking.com
- Improve ranking on Booking.com by getting more High Demand Date bookings over time
By developing this feature of the Opportunities API, your properties can access and quickly act on these recurring opportunities directly from your platform interface.