How do High Demand Dates opportunities work?
- We start by looking at which dates guests are searching for the most within the next 30 days. We then create an opportunity for properties that have no inventory for their most popular room types on these dates. We send these opportunities via the stay_id parameter in the response (stay_id = roomid_staydate).
- These are existing opportunities that your properties may also be exposed to on our extranet. However, we recommend displaying them on your own interface, as that is the primary information source for most of your properties’ inventory.
- High Demand Date opportunities are time sensitive and may expire very quickly. That’s why we’ve made them very easy to act on. All your property needs to do is add more inventory (specific room types) for specific dates. We’ve made this process even simpler by enabling you to show these opportunities directly on your interface.
- You can retrieve these opportunities by using the query feature of the Opportunities API - either by retrieving the list of all available opportunities for a specified property_id, or by retrieving a list of all eligible properties by specifying ‘high_demand_dates_inventory’ as the opportunity ID.
- The action for this opportunity is to add inventory for a specific stay_id. This needs to be done on your interface and communicated via the Rates & Availability API using the standard workflow for adding inventory.
- We monitor inventory changes in our system to detect the implementation of these opportunities by your properties.
How do I activate High Demand Dates opportunities?
Before you can access High Demand Date opportunities, you have to implement the Opportunities API with at least ten non-test properties. Here’s how you can get started with that.
Once you’ve implemented the Opportunities API, you can enable the high_demand_dates_inventory feature in seven easy steps:
- Let us know when you’re starting the integration process. You can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up a test property if you don’t already have one (we don’t recommend using real properties for testing). Our support team will provide all the necessary information to help get you started.
- Log in to connect.booking.com.
- Click on the ‘Administration’ tab on the top right of the page.
- Select ‘Feature Management’ from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the list and click on ‘Enable high demand dates opportunity’ (please note that when you click on this – or on ‘View details’ – you’ll see an example of the API response).
- Use the toggle to enable the feature.
Once the feature has been enabled, follow the technical documentation to start requesting these opportunities. If you’d like more information, or to download the handbook on the Opportunities API product, please visit the Connectivity Hub.
A note on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, we have temporarily blacked out all high_demand_dates_inventory opportunities. This is because our data may not accurately reflect real demand in these challenging circumstances.
We are currently refining the product to make sure it stays relevant during this period by highlighting any recovering demand. In the meantime, you can still proceed with the feature integration using test data. This can help to make sure that your properties are ready to start receiving and acting on these opportunities as soon as they are made available again.