Your properties can increase their revenue by targeting specific groups of guests. Now, they can set up rates for business travellers and particular nationalities in the Promotions API.
Business travellers can be a very profitable segment to target, especially in off-season. Our research shows that compared to other travellers, they:
- are 50% less likely to cancel
- are 60% more likely to be return guests
- tend to spend more at the property
- travel during weekdays and off-peak periods
- book at shorter notice.
With a Business Rate, your properties can target Booking.com customers who are travelling for work.
How do Business Rates work?
- They’re only available for business travellers. Weekend-only trips and children are automatically excluded.
- Properties must offer a discount of at least 5%. This discount can be increased depending on your market and customer needs.
- Properties select which rooms the discount will be applied to.
- To avoid losing revenue on high-demand dates, properties can add up to 30 blackout days per year, when the discount isn’t applied. They can also cancel any time.
Country Rates allow your properties to offer a particular price to guests from specific countries.
Activating Country Rates helps partners:
- be competitive within their region
- attract guests from countries that tend to spend more at the property
- attract guests from countries with the highest market growth percentage
- remain competitive on meta sites
- attract guests from markets with lower cancellation rates.
What is Next for the Promotions API?
We are working to make the Promotions API more and more useful for your properties.
This quarter, we will integrate Mobile Rates into the Promotions API, and include this new addition in the Connectivity Partner Programme. This promotion allows your properties to target bookers using a mobile device, that typically show lower cancellation!
Please note that you will not be able to see points in the Programme coming from Country Rates and Business Bookers temporarily. We will assign points retroactively, starting September.
Stay tuned for our communication around this soon!
For more information on the Promotions API, have a look at our article on promotions.