What is Online Payments?
Online payments is a secure, reliable and easy way for properties to take guest payments. This system helps properties reach more guests, reduce cancellations and save time on administrative tasks.
Booking.com facilitates guests’ payments on behalf of properties (according to their cancellation policies), by offering a wide variety of alternative payment methods. We then pay out to properties by virtual credit card.
Note: This payment service is not yet available everywhere. The list of eligible properties is available in the Provider Portal, under the Online Payments opportunity.
How does Online Payments affect me?
As a connectivity partner, you’re the link between guests, properties and Booking.com. Your role in growing properties’ business is essential, and we’d like to give you the opportunity to help your properties as much as possible. In exchange for successful implementation of Online Payments by your properties, you’ll earn extra points in the Connectivity Partner Programme.
We’ve also created materials to help you to promote Online Payments amongst your properties.
How can I benefit from Online Payments?
Improve your properties’ experience
Secure payment management that saves time. When guests choose to pay through Booking.com, properties won’t have to deal with invalid credit cards or fraudulent reservations, as it’s Booking.com that facilitates their payment. It also eliminates the hassle of pre-authorising cards.
Booking.com guarantees payouts to properties, according to their cancellation policies. Payments are made by virtual credit card.
More guests, fewer cancellations
A lot of guests don’t have a credit card, or prefer to pay using other methods. Online Payments offers a wide range of payment methods, allowing properties to reach a wider customer base. Our data shows that guests who pay online are also four times less likely to cancel or not show up.
Make your product more attractive
With Online Payments, you can integrate your system with various third-party payment solutions at once. It also requires minimum effort from your side – all you need to do is send the relevant payment information to your properties.
What are the benefits of Online Payments for properties?
Online Payments has several direct benefits for properties:
- Less stress. Properties don’t have to chase guest payments or worry about invalid credit cards.
- Less hassle. Properties receive guaranteed payouts via virtual credit cards, so they don’t need to spend time pre-authorising cards.
- No more fraudulent bookings. They don’t have to deal with fraudulent online bookings when guests pay through Booking.com.
- Lower cancellation and no-show rates. Guests who pay online through Booking.com are four times less likely to cancel or not show up.
- More potential bookers. Online Payments supports a lot of alternative payment methods, meaning more guests will be able to book and pay.