At the end of every year, we set up new requirements for the following year’s Connectivity Partner Programme. When we looked back at the parameters for 2018, we realised that we’d made it too difficult for you to earn points in certain areas.
To reward all our Connectivity Partners for their work in 2018, we’ve readjusted a few of the points thresholds within some of the categories (or pillars), which you’ll find below.
You may find that these changes have moved you up into a higher status in the Connectivity Partner Programme for 2019. To check your status, log into the Partner Portal and click on the ‘Partner Programme’ tab. If you have any other questions about these changes, feel free to get in touch with your Partner Business Manager or our support team.
The adjustments have been made to the following pillars:
- Quality of connection. In this pillar, we noticed that a lot of partners weren’t scoring as high as we thought they would. So instead of getting points for the highest connection score reached over the last 90 days, partners have been awarded points based on their highest connection score at any point in the previous year.
- New properties. The thresholds we set for 2018 in this pillar were too ambitious. So we decided to give all partners four more points in this area, capped at 15 points.
- Switch. Due to an error, a small group of partners’ points in this category weren’t added to their total.
- Opportunities. There was an error in the counting of points for bulk implementations, and some partners didn’t get the points they had earned. This has now been amended.
- Extra points offer. In Q4 of 2018, partners who adopted three of our APIs (Reporting, Content and Promotions) could earn 8 extra points. These points have now been added to those partners’ scores.
Finally, we realised that the overall thresholds for each tier in the Connectivity Partner Programme were unrealistic. So for 2019, we’ve lowered them all by five points. This means that to become a Premier partner, you need 70 points (rather than 75), and to become Advanced, you need 55 points (rather than 60). We’ll also be merging the Advanced and Premier tiers for 2019.
To see if you have a new status for 2019, check the ‘Partner Programme’ tab in the Partner Portal.