Follow these easy steps to set up your Promotions API and generate business when you and your property partners need it most.
Step 1: What type of deal is it?
Select a promotion that matches the property's business goals. Choose between the following deals.
- Basic Deal: Give guests a discount
- Last Minute: Sell unbooked rooms
- Early Booker: Attract guests who want to book a long way in advance
Step 2: Who will see the promotion?
Select a channel that matches the type of customer the property wants to attract.
- Everyone: the promotion will be visible to all users visiting the Booking.com website/app.
- Secret Deal: the promotion will only be visible loyal Booking.com users. Secret Deals are promoted across our website and mobile apps with special tags, which are proven to increase revenue. Find out more here.
Step 3: How big a discount do you want to offer?
There is no minimum discount for Basic, Early or Last Minute Deals. However, for Secret Deals, you need to configure a minimum discount of 10%.
Step 4: Which room and rate do you want to apply it to?
You can then select the rooms and rates to apply the discount to. Make sure you select at least one rate.
- The promotion will always follow the parent rate for price, policies, meal plan and derived prices.
- The promotion will always follow the parent rate unless you specify otherwise. The most restrictive condition will be applied to the booking in the case of restrictions, closed/open dates and channel.
- Below are some examples of possible scenarios:
- If a parent rate has a minimum LOS restriction of 3 nights, and the promotion has a minimum LOS of 5, then LOS of 5 will be applied.
- If a parent rate has a release time of 1 day, the promotion will copy that unless a different release time has been specifically configured for the promotion.
- Closed/Open Dates
- The promotion always follows closed dates – so if the parent rate is not available for certain dates, the promotion will not be available for those dates either.
- If the promotion is active and the parent rate is available on the site, the promotion will be available for that date
- Channel: We recommend that you configure the promotion to follow the same channel configurations as the parent rate.
Step 5: Which dates do you want to apply the deal to?
The definitions vary depending on the type of deal.
Step 6: Customise your deal
You can choose from the following options:
- Make it non-refundable. Add a non-refundable policy to your promotion to decrease cancellations.
- Length of stay. Choose the minimum number of nights the guest needs to stay.
- No credit card required. Guests don’t have to provide a credit card while booking. Taking out this step increases conversion by making bookings easier and faster.
Minimum availability for discount. Choose the minimum number of rooms that need to be available for the discount to be applicable and visible.